Patient Centered, Compassionate, High Quality Care.
Our goal is to educate the community on the prevention of musculosketal and spine injuries.
How is the Musculoskeletal Institute at VOA different?
- It’s the premier comprehensive pain management facility in South Georgia. As a patient, you are guaranteed to be evaluated and treated by a Board Certified, Fellowship trained specialist in the field of Interventional Pain Medicine. This supports an accurate diagnosis and individualized treatment plan carefully crafted to exceed all patients’ expectations.
- Our mission is to utilize the most advanced treatment therapies available and incorporate multiple medical, non-surgical, and if indicated, surgical specialties to offer a “one-of-a-kind,” all-encompassing pain management experience.
- We continually monitor patients’ functional status and satisfaction during their personalized treatment course. This offers the ability to continually improve our therapy and assist in any necessary changes to provide precision medicine.
- All examinations and interventional procedures are performed conveniently on site with a highly trained, empathetic staff that is committed to the comfort and well-being of all patients suffering from pain.
- The Spine Center and VOA work together to provide an all-inclusive medical facility incorporating multiple surgical and non-surgical specialties, radiographic imaging, physical therapy, and professional counseling. This allows us the ability to provide the most cost efficient, advantageous, and holistic treatment in South Georgia.
What We Do at VOA Spine & Musculoskeletal Insitute
- Provide comprehensive evaluation of patient with spine and musculoskeletal conditions
- Individualized Physical and Occupation therapy planning
- Spinal Injection with X-ray fluoroscopic guidance
- Peripheral joint , tendons and bursa injections
- Ultrasound guided injection
- Radiofrequency Ablation treatments
- Spinal cord stimulator trials and implants for patients with chronic pain
- Electrodiagnostic Testing
- Coordinate patient focused and diagnosis specific physical and occupational therapy
- Prescribe modalities such as TENS, cervical traction , spine bracing, orthotics and prosthesis
- Coordinate and provide Pain Management psychology
- Coordinate care and consult with spine and orthopedic surgeries
- Epidural steroid injections (cervical, thoracic, lumbar)
- Selective nerve root blocks (cervical, thoracic, lumbar)
- Facet joint injections
- Thoracic facet joint injections
- Lumbar facet joint injections
- Medial branch blocks (cervical, thoracic, lumbar)
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Caudal epidural steroid injections
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
Ultrasound Guided Injections
Perry Dynamics is revolutionizing the rehabilitation and sports medicine fields with the introduction of the PROPRIO Reactive Balance System. Never before has one affordable system offered a versatile and effective assessment, measurement and training of neurologic, orthopedic, or vestibular issues affecting dynamic balance, posture, strength and mobility.
Using state-of-the-art patented technology, the PROPRIO Reactive Balance System benefit the widest range of people – from fragile geriatric patients as risk of falling to NFL and Olympic athletes seeking performance enhancement; from the Military’s wounded soldiers to individuals who have suffered from a stroke pr Parkinson’s disease.
We perform comprehensive nerve conduction studies and electromyography (NCS/EMG studies) with detailed reports to help diagnose and guide treatment of certain nerve and muscle disorders.
Dr. Oyowe M.D. is a fellowship trained spine, sports and musculoskeletal medicine physician who is a board certified physiatrist (fis – ee- a – trists). A Physiatrist is a doctor who specializes in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R). A physiatrist is a physician of function, expert in diagnosing and treating problems affecting muscles, nerves, bones and biomechanics. The focus of a PM&R Doctor is to restore maximum function. Additional focus includes prevention of musculoskeletal injuries through education. A physiatrist uses non-surgical treatments to care for the whole person.
Diagnoses Treated/ Expertise: Back pain, Neck pain, Thoracic or mid back pain, Herniated discs, Sciatica/Radiculopathy, Spinal Stenosis, Spondylolisthesis, Compression fractures, Back and Spinal Rheumatoid Arthritis, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Exercise and the elderly, Knee pain, Knee Osteoarthritis, Hand numbness, Hand pain, Elbow pain, Foot pain and numbness, Hip pain, Hip Osteoarthritis, Bursitis, Post Traumatic Arthritis, Shoulder pain, Rotator Cuff Tendinopathy/Tendonitis, Neuropathic pain, Occupational Rehabilitation, Sports injuries, Musculoskeletal pain, Osteoarthritis, Tendonitis/Bursitis, Sacroiliac Joint Pain, Women’s pelvic pain syndromes, Work-related injuries
Dr. Travis Bailey, a Valdosta native, is a board
certified Anesthesiologist and fellowship
trained Interventional Pain Physician. He
specializes in treating an array of complex
acute and chronic painful conditions, as well
as, comprehensive palliative care for patients
with cancer or intractable pain. He believes in
improving his patient’s quality of life and
restoring their maximum function through
cutting-edge, safe and effective Pain Management,
while utilizing a holistic approach. His
evidence based treatment modalities include
an interdisciplinary approach of appropriate
medical management, physical and emotional
therapy, and a variety of minimally invasive
Conditions Treated: Headache, Low Back and Neck Pain, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disk Disease, Cancer Pain, Shingles, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, Abdominal & Pelvic Pain, Phantom Limb, Osteoporosis, Compression Fractures, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Sports, Motor Vehicle and Work Related Injuries.
Therapeutic Procedures: Head and Neck Nerve Blocks & Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA), Stellate Ganglion Block, Celiac and Hypogastric Plexus Blocks, Steroid Epidurals, Advanced Spinal Facet Joint RFA, SI Joint Injections & RFA, Percutaneous Lysis of Adhesions – RACZ Procedure, Joint Injections, Peripheral Nerve Blocks & RFA, BOTOX, Discography. Advanced Interventional Procedures: Spinal Cord and Peripheral Nerve Stimulation, Intrathecal Drug Delivery, Vertebroplasy/Kyphoplasty, MILD.
* Board Certified and Fellowship Trained Anesthesiologist/Pain Medicine
* Georgia Society of Interventional Pain Physicians – Board Member
* American Society of Anesthesiologist committee Member – Committee on Rural Access to Anesthesia Care
* Medical Association of Georgia – Georgia Physician Leadership Academy 2018
* American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians Editorial Board – Pain Physician Journal
We are dedicated to the comprehensive management of complex and disabling pain from a variety of medical, surgical, and traumatic conditions. We are committed to the comfort and well being of our patients by offering innovative, cost-effective, efficient, and compassionate care
Orthopedic emergencies don’t happen on a typical doctors schedule. We aren’t your typical doctors…
We work late – for you